Slow-Cooked Venison Chili
- 2 lbs venison stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the venison stew meat on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the meat and vegetables to a slow cooker.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve the chili with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, or chopped cilantro.